On 26th January 1950 a constitution was adapted in which some fundamental duties are also incorporated in its section 51-A. To fulfil these duties are compulsory for all men and women of Bharat.
The Constitution of India, PART IV-A, FUNDAMENTAL DUTIES
51A. Fundamental duties — It shall be the duty of every citizen of India —
- To abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem;
- To cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom
- To uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India;
- To defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so;
- To promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities; to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women;
- To value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture;
- To protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wild life, and to have compassion for living creatures;
- To develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform;
- To safeguard public property and to abjure violence;
- To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavor and achievement.
- Who is parent or guardian to provide opportunities for education to his child or as the case may be ward between the age of six and fourteen years.
Therefore, to work sincerely towards these duties is today’s foremost compulsion.
“Samarth” whose first and foremost work would be to obey and to make others obey these constitutional duties sincerely.
To inculcate awareness of these duties among the people of the land the trust will develop a group of leadership having social mindset and sincerity towards these duties. This Trust will make a chain of such persons whose are selfless in nature, hard worker in daily life and of sincere attitude–cum-temperament.